In this Hearthstone patch, we’re adding a new card back to the game, addressing a few bugs, and making a balance change to Undertaker.
- The following card backs have been added to Hearthstone:
- Maraad Card Back: Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked
Play mode during the month of January.
- (zhCN/koKR/zhTW) Celebrate the Lunar New Year in Hearthstone! Heroes
will say “Happy New Year” instead of “Hello” when emotes are used.
- Card packs in the in-game Shop no longer default to Classic card
packs. Players must now manually choose which card packs they would
like to buy before making a purchase the first time the Shop is used
or with each release of new card sets in the Shop. Once a card pack
is purchased, the Shop will default to the last purchased card pack
until the next time a new card set is released in the Shop.
- Undertaker now reads: Whenever you summon a minion with Deathrattle,
gain +1 Attack.
- Undertaker was frustrating to play against. It often gained both
attack and health stats significantly above those of other
inexpensive minions very early in the game. With this change, we
expect Undertaker will still be better than other 1-mana minions when
played in a deck with a Deathrattle theme, but more likely to die
from combat with other minions.
- Secrets no longer have a delay between their trigger and animation.
Poor Noble Sacrifice – it just wants to get down!
- Addressed an issue that sometimes resulted in player names showing up
as Unknown in-game. You’re a player, not a Secret!
- (esMX) Updated Malorne’s text to now be correct.
- (ptBR) Updated Scarlet Purifier’s text to now be correct.
The big one is of course that the Undertaker nerf is now in effect and ready for the new season. We've gotten a new card back as usual and a couple of bugs that have been around for a while, playing a game against fatigue mage or any hunter deck could take a looong time, but not anymore.